Not sure what to eat in the morning? Men’s Health has an excellent article (link below) on meals to eat for breakfast that will help you lose weight, as well as optimize your performance and gains throughout the day. I have personally adjusted these recipes to not include carbohydrates such as Oatmeal, and instead of egg whites, go with the whole egg. There’s plenty of studies out there now that prove eating the whole egg gives you nutrients you would otherwise miss out on that actually help burn unhealthy fat rather than increase it.
Many times, I’ll start my day with:
- 1 cup of almond or lactose free 2% milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp flax seed
- Cinnamon sprinkled in
- 4 drops of Honey
- 1 Scoop of Garden of Life Organic Protein Powder (see link below)
- 3 cubes of ice
- Add a little water if too thick.
Tip: If you’re a coffee drinker, add 2 teaspoons of Nescafe instant coffee. Now you have a great mocha smoothie that’s better for you than anything your local cafe will serve!
If you need a little more green in your diet:
- Either one handful of kale and two handfuls of spinach, or two handfuls of spinach and one handful of spring mix
- One apple
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup of Strawberries or mixed berries
- 1 scoop of Garden of Life Organic Protein Powder (see link below)
- Two tablespoons of flaxseed
- Add a little stevia if you need it sweeter
Blended together, these are energy packed and filling breakfasts that support your protein and health needs, and you can take them to go if you’re in a hurry.
Not sure what protein powder is best for you? Here’s an article on Protein Poweder Supplements where I provide options.
My favorite protein powder… Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Powder